Thursday, September 27, 2018

Logo Design



1.   Discuss what you thought about creating your logo.
When creating my logo, I thought about my initials.  In one of my undergrad courses we were told to create a design using our initials and the one I created I now use to sign all of my artwork, so for this I wanted to take it one step further, so I thought about that while creating my logo.  

2.   Describe the process: creative thinking skills and ideas you used in the logo creation.
I wanted my initials to be one cohesive logo.  I also thought about trying to incorporate more things about me into my logo, but decided on keeping things simple, I didn’t want it to become too “busy.”  I wanted a balanced logo, but that also showed a creative design.  Choosing the colors was the next obstacle.  Trying to find two colors that related to me and that were also contrasting eachother to make the other stand out was what I thought about.  I used overlapping and thin line work to create  my logo.  

3.   What was the most important discovery you made in the creation of your logo?
The important discovery I made while creating my logo, was being able to fuse 3 letters together into one cohesive piece, without making it look like it was too forced or too predictable.  I also realized how fun it was to problem solve to come to an outcome you are satisfied with.  

4.    What is the most important information you learned from watching the videos, powerpoint, and reading material for this project? What is your opinion of the videos?

I realized from the videos that you’re not going to come up with the perfect logo on the first try.  You will constantly make changes and adjustments to the logo and create several variations and colors of it, until you get it to the exact logo you are looking to make.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...