Thursday, September 13, 2018

Elements and Principles of Design



alainamgreco's library on Photobucket

I thought this assignment was very fun and definitely made you look at things in our daily lives a little bit closer.  We see shape, form, line and all the other elements and principles in almost everything, but we don't think about it.  We just think of them as signs, bridges, bricks, and other items that we've given names.  Art is all around us.  When I first set out to start taking photos, I was a little nervous that I would have trouble finding some things, but as I started taking pictures, I started seeing multiple elements or principles or both in the pictures I was taking.  The photographs aren't simplified to their one principle or their one element, they have multiple but I tried to pull out what I thought was the strongest in each.  You still had to think about the frame and positioning when taking the photo, especially when you brought out things like balance and proportion/scale.  I thought I would have trouble creating an argument for why I chose these 14 pictures from all the ones I took.  But I believe they each represent their own principle or design without much explanation. Overall I think this was a good experience for us to get out and look at our community and find art within it, and find ways to represent terms in the form of art.  




3 comments:

  1. I was not able to view any of your pictures you had uploaded to photobucket. I'm sure they were great pictures you had took.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i was able to see you pictures and they turned out amazing! Your value picture of the rocks was perfect. All your photos matched the elements and principles very well, I enjoyed looking through them>

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved the photos you took. They came out very clear and expressed a lot of emotion to me. They represented the elements and principles very well. I think you did a great job.

    ReplyDelete

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...