Wednesday, October 3, 2018

Blog Reviews


1.   Hyperlink the Blogs you reviewed into your Blog



2.   When looking at Project #1: (Elements and Principles), did you agree with the element or principle the artist listed with the images? Did you see other elements and principles in the images?

For both of the blogs I looked at I definitely could see the element or principle that they assigned to the photo, but as I have always said, most images contain more than one element or principle and I definitely saw that in their photos.  What I also liked about both of their photographs projects was that they proved that the elements and principles can be found anywhere. The first blog I went to, he took all his photos at an abandoned hospital and was able to take images to still meet the criteria.  And the same with the second blog I looked at, all her photos were taken in everyday scenarios and it just goes to show that you don’t have to go to far to find that art is all around us, all the time.  


3.   When looking at Project #2: Where there any images in the Peer Blogs the same as your own? If yes, what were they? Where the reasons the image was selected the same or different as your own?

None of the images I saw in either of the blogs I looked at were the same as the ones I had chosen.  One reason for that was because someone went to a completely different museum than I did, which I think is great because it’s another perspective for us to see more artwork and the thoughts that people have on them. The other blog post was from the same museum but different artworks, but what was great was the artworks we chose were similar in theme.  I think the artworks they chose were ones that I would have really enjoyed seeing, and will probably go back to see.  Some of the artworks he chose were sculptures that were outside, and the day I went to the museum wasn’t the best day to be outside, so I was enjoying the artwork inside the museum.  Some of the reasons they chose the artwork were similar to reasons I chose my artworks. One of which was we both chose artworks that had a sense of illusion.  They both created depth and really played with your mind a bit when observing them.   


4.   Where there any images that your Peers selected that pique your interest now? If yes, what are they and what is your connection with them? What would you want to know about them?

Yes, like I said in response to the last question, some of the sculptures that I saw in one of the blogs I really would like to go look at in person.  The photographs definitely give you a sense of understanding, but you can always learn more when you see an artwork up close and really get that visual of it.  


5.   What do you think about  the process of reading your peers reflection? Do you find this to be a valuable in your learning?

I think it’s very valuable to hear what others have to say. We all have our own minds filled with thoughts and ideas.  I think even if we were all told to go and look at the same paintings we would all find different ways to articulate what we see.  And we often would have very differing comments and thoughts about the artwork, and I think it’s great to hear what others are saying, and then you can be able to see more in the artwork, and maybe learn more about it.  By listening to others, you gain more exposure and thoughts/ideas about something.  

6.    Check your Blog and read comments posted by your Peers. Do you find their comments helpful?

I definitely find them to be helpful, even just gaining another perspective will help us grow as artists and just as people.  Nothing should ever be taken personal, you should take things as opportunities to grow and become better.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...