Sunday, October 28, 2018

Module 9 Project



1.   What was it like using your hand as subject matter for a drawing?
Using my hand as a subject was difficult, but I think it is a good exercise because how much line work and shading can go into it. You don’t think of all the little details of your hand, until you’re looking at it and need to draw the lines that will most support your drawing. 

2.   What media did you select - pencil or charcoal? Why?
I chose pencil because I have always been more comfortable using pencil when creating artwork.  

3.   How did it feel to create a drawing with your non-dominant hand?
It was very difficult and I felt very uncomfortable doing it.  I like having control over my artwork and when using my non dominant hand, I felt like I was no in control of my drawing at all. 

4.   Compare and contrast your final drawings. Do you think they are successful studies?
I think they are somewhat successful.  You can tell what the images are of.  Although they are both a little out of scale and I could not get all the exact details, especially when drawing with my non dominant hand, I still think they are successful studies.  

5.   Would you consider using your non-dominant hand to create artwork in the future?

Probably not, as said before I like having control of my artwork, especially when there is heavy line work.  I am not yet strong enough with my left hand to feel confident using it to create artwork. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...