Tuesday, November 13, 2018

Module 12 video review

1.   Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
Abstract Expressionism and Pop–  I chose this video because I love learning more about different types of artwork.  I find my artwork has a lot of characteristics to abstract expressionism work, so I wanted to watch this video to see and learn more.  

Uncertainty: Modernity And Art– I chose this video because the title intrigued me and I wanted to learn more about what the video had to share.  

2.   For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Abstract Expressionism and Pop– A key concept from this video was that this type of art inspired a group of artists called “Color field painters.”  Abstract Expressionism focused more on color and motion, rather than realism.  

Uncertainty: Modernity and Art – One of my favorite facts from this video was that Hitler did not succeed as an artist.  His art wasn’t seen as good enough.  So when he makes the Degenerative Art Show, he makes the art that he thinks is ugly, more popular.  

3.   How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
Both videos talk about what is being talked about in the book, but I always think the videos go into more detail and give more broad examples than the text does.

4.   What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?

I always enjoy watching videos about art because you often get other perspectives and opinions about different types of artwork.  I think all these videos give great information and examples of different types of art and time periods.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...