Sunday, November 11, 2018

Module 11 Video Reviews

1.   Explain why you selected each of the TWO videos you choose from the selection listed above.
Matisse and Picasso– I chose this video because I wanted to learn more about the connections between these two artists. 

Expressionism– I chose this video because I love learning more about this type of art.  Expressionism movement was one of my favorites to learn about, and I’m always looking to know more about it.  

2.   For each video list/discuss the key concepts you learned.
Matisse and Picasso– They were very different types of people, but similar in the way they created their artwork.  

Expressionism – It began to break the norm of what we were seeing in artwork.  

3.   How do the videos relate to the readings in the text?
The chapter talks about the art movements of the 19thcentury and the artists that lived through them just as the videos do. I think the videos go into more of the little details about things where the book talks about the major things we should know.  

4.   What is your opinion of the films? How do they add depth to understanding of the readings and art concepts?
I enjoyed watching these videos because you learn a lot more about these artists and the art movements.  How the time periods were significant to the creation of art and just about all the little things going on in the artists lives that helped sculpt who they became. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...