Saturday, November 3, 2018

African Mask Making



These 3 masks I used as inspiration for the mask I created.  I noticed the bright colors and shapes used to create interesting forms.  And the line work and shapes in the black/white mask were very motivating to help me create a design for my own mask.



This was the sketch I designed to create my final piece from.  I took shapes and lines from the inspiration masks and created my own design for a mask using different elements from each.



This is the final mask I created.  In my mask I used space, and contrast to really highlight the different shapes and areas of my mask.  I found this mask making project enjoyable, because I was able to research several different types of african masks.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...