Sunday, December 9, 2018

Gallery Visit #3

Jack Edson (1950 -), Self Portrait, 2017; cotton patchwork quilt, hand and machine pieced, hand quilted, 72 x 52 inches


Jonathan Rogers (1937-), Group Self Portrait #3, 2005, oil on canvas. 48 x 60 inches


Charles E. Burchfield (1893-1967), Self Portrait, January 1916; watercolor and conte on paper, 19 13/16 x 16 5/8 inches


This was my original photo.

This is my final self portrait. 

1.   Why did you select the inspiration pieces?
I chose these pieces because they were all very different.  Each used a different medium and they are each a different depiction of a self portrait. 

2. Why did you select the media to create your self-portrait?
I chose to create my self portrait on the computer because I was able to use tools to distort the image the way I wanted to, to create the artwork. 

3. What challenges did you face in creating your self-portrait and how did you overcome them?
I wouldn’t say I had any challenges.  I enjoyed created this self portrait.  

4. How does this piece represent you?
We all have features that we like and dislike about ourselves. And I thought exaggerating different features of my face that I’ve heard people say about me or that I like or dislike about myself would kind of be a fun way to represent myself.  

5. What elements and principles of art did you apply in this 
work?
I wasn’t sure what to put in the background of my artwork so I incorporated color and line to make it eye catching.  Also having a dark background, contrasts with the light coloring of my face and makes it stand out.

6. Did you enjoy working on this project?
Yes I enjoyed this project and found it very fun to create this artwork.  

7. What do you think of your final artwork?
I think it’s fun and the concept about pointing out our imperfections and beauties is very strong.  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Reflections

1.      What were you expectations for this course and where they met? I hoped to learn from other and how they view the art world.    I ...